Welcome to my blog, my name is Cheryl. I am a crafter who works in various mediums with my motto being “erratic and eclectic.” I seem to have many projects on the go at all times, and like to switch up my mediums very frequently.

Here is a list of what I like to dabble in:

Sewing, jewellery, clay, painting, drawing, collage, printmaking, stamping and of course, mixed media projects that mix a few of these mediums together.

I am inviting you to read about my daily life as a crafter. I will share my sources of inspiration, post pictures of work in progress and talk about the things I enjoy. Feel free to post questions and comments.


And if you are interested, I am currently selling my jewelry and accessories on etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/strawberryboho

Cheryl




Tuesday 7 February 2012

Inspiration source: My workspace!

My first picture I have posted is one of my workspaces (I have two).  This is my dining room, but it’s never used for dining and has fantastic natural lighting.  So I painted it Benjamin Moore “fresh cut grass” green, put up some green and black velvet flocked curtains and added some plants for a cheery atmosphere. I love the colour, it’s bright and cheerful!  I work on my laptop here, my jewellery, sketching and painting. 
On the desk, I converted a drawer unit (traditionally used for hardware) into a storage unit for my jewellery findings. I spray painted it dark green to go with my work space. It’s great because it has large drawers at the bottom that fit not only my jewellery pliers, but also pens, pencils, rulers etc.  The painting I have propped on the wall is a random work I found at Goodwill, and only paid a few dollars for.  The colours really appealed to me and I like having other’s work in my space to inspire me.
 My other workspace is in the living room in a corner where I set up my sewing machine. Right now, it’s a mess, hence no picture. I personalized it with a corkboard as my “inspiration” wall and added family photos, one of my collages and a happy Buddha statue.  I bought a ceramic vase at Goodwill, which I use as a pencil holder. I also included a desk lamp with a moveable head as this space is away from natural light, and can get quite dark in the evening hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment